The engulfing darkness smothers the lonely existence,
Licking it up inside like a hungry beast,
Snatching away all rational thought,
That the mind could ever be capable of,
It scrambles around the Alcatraz,
With arms wide open,
Yearning for a friendly being,
To whom, spill all the halted tears,
With whom, forever joyously sing…
But the only thing I see in the dark,
Faraway, a tiny, glittery multitude of stars,
I cannot reach them no matter what,
Though I’m trying and trying,
With arms wide open,
Further, further, a little more,
But not even a little bit close,
Oh! My sad lonely existence,
It waits forever more!
And after a despairing search in the dark,
For time immemorial,
My luck shines down upon me,
I see a bright beautiful star reaching for me,
With arms wide open,
Omitting all the distance,
So close so as to give me hope,
A friend in whom I could confide,
So close so as to abate the darkness,
So close to light me up inside!
And like a happy nightingale’s
My heart beats wildly, bursting with happiness,
And becomes a perfect paradigm of joy,
Savoring the truth of these blessed moments,
Feeling alive for the very first time,
Welcoming this downpour,
With arms wide open,
Oblivious of the doom ahead,
Ignorant of its battered end!
And I trudge towards my shining star,
My hand stretched out to feel its presence,
To know it really does exist,
And not an illusion in my tattered mind,
Oh! The moment of eternal bliss!
When my fingers make contact with the ‘burning’ light,
The moment passes as I wait for a sensation,
The feeling of being deeply blessed,
But no such feeling does appear,
Instead I sense a burning pain,
Spreading to my hand, to my entire existence,
Until it’s wholly caught up in the fire,
And burnt into a heap of ash,
The feelings, the yearnings, the memories,
Turned into a heap of ash!
And there it is, my lonely being,
With its welcoming heart,
Arms wide open,
And hand stretched out,
Burnt and battered,
Turned into a heap of ash,
It retires back to the darkness and solitude,
Of the world it once resided in,
The heart put out,
The arms folded,
The hands trembling,
Never to reach out again!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment